Step 5: Manage Your Award
You’ve been funded… Now what?
Upon receiving a notice of award (NOA), the Office of Sponsored Programs will review it and work with the principal investigator (PI) to schedule a New Award Kick-Off Meeting. This meeting will pull together an award management team comprised of all the necessary faculty & staff needed to ensure the grant funds are administered successfully. At this meeting, the PI will receive important award management tools and learn about their post-award management responsibilities.
Kick-Off Meeting Meeting Topics
- Account Set-up Procedures & Questions
- S: Drive Electronic Grant Folder Access & Orientation
- Discuss grant budget & coordinate with the Senior Grant Accountant to finalize the grant budget
- Guidance for the handling of invoices/reimbursements, personnel changes, student payouts, other expenses
- Instructions for budget monitoring and reconciliation
- Compliance Topics
- Financial Reporting
- Non-financial Reporting