Manage your money for meals and other expenses 24/7.
Carthage Cash is money you put on your Carthage ID card to use at on-campus eateries, in the Carthage bookstore, and at select off-campus establishments. You can manage your Carthage Cash 24/7 using your smartphone or laptop. Carthage Cash does not replace meal points (learn more about Carthage Cash and the student meal plan below). Instead, think of your Carthage ID as a reloadable debit card.
Carthage Cash can be used at the following on-campus locations:
- Carthage Bookstore
- Einstein Bros. Bagels
- Lentz Do Lunch
- Red Zone
Yes. Carthage Cash can be used by current Carthage students, faculty, and staff.
- Easy deposits: No need to mail a check or cash, or stop by the Office of Student Financial Services. You’ll be able to add funds quickly, 24 hours a day, through the GET Carthage Cash app.
- Deals: Vendors may choose to offer special promotions for people using Carthage Cash.
- Fast and current: Find up-to-date Carthage Cash balances and transaction history online.
- Tax-free on-campus food purchases: You will not pay taxes for food purchases made on campus using Carthage Cash.
Starting in Fall 2022, current Carthage students, staff, and faculty will be able to add Carthage Cash through the GET Funds website with a debit or credit card, or with cash or check in the Office of Student Financial Services.
Parents: You’ll be able to add Carthage Cash to your student’s card with your student’s ID number.
Note: There is a $1 charge for digital deposits and a $20 minimum for online deposits.
GET Funds also has a mobile app for students, staff, and faculty. From your smartphone you can:
- Add funds.
- Request funds.
- View balance inquiries.
- Check transaction history.
- Report a lost card and freeze funds. (Students will still need to contact the Office of Public Safety immediately to terminate building access for a lost or stolen card.)
Carthage Cash funds carry over from term to term, year to year, as long as the cardholder is an active student or employee at Carthage. When a student graduates or an employee leaves the College, refunds of account balances in excess of $15 are available by visiting the Office of Student Financial Services in person or by making a written request. Failure to request a refund within one year will result in account closure with any remaining balance going to support Carthage.