Strong, safe, healthy, together.
Carthage is fully in-person for the 2022-23 academic year, with several guidelines and protocols in place to keep our community safe. Students are attending classes in person, and many activities including athletics, fine arts, student research, and other extracurricular and co-curricular opportunities are held both in person and virtually.
Carthage requires vaccines for all students, faculty, and staff, and provides three categories of exceptions to this requirement: medical, religious, and personal conviction.
Learn more about the fall semester expectations below.
Updates to the Carthage Community
Please note: Because the world’s understanding of COVID-19 continues to evolve, all policies and plans listed on this website are subject to change. Carthage will make sure our community is notified of changes through email, The Bridge, social media, and this website. Updates will also be posted here.
- March 11, 2022 — Carthage will no longer require masks on campus beginning Monday, March 21. This will also include no masking requirement in classrooms and on the campus shuttle.Read “Masks no longer required on campus starting March 21”
- March 1, 2022 — Since case counts have remained low over the last two weeks, Carthage is taking a phased approach to relax the mask guidelines. It is imperative that we all take responsibility for wearing masks in the spaces and buildings where it is still required.Read “Updates to mask policy: new mask-friendly spaces on campus”
- Jan. 28, 2022 — Carthage will hold COVID-19 vaccine booster clinics on campus for the Carthage community. Carthage students, staff, and faculty will now be able to upload their booster information to the online vaccination form. Additionally, free N95 masks are now available to pickup throughout the city of Kenosha. Read more.Read “On-campus booster clinics and N95 mask distribution in Kenosha”
- Jan. 3, 2022 — Students are now required to wear masks in residence halls, regardless of vaccination status. Masks are still required in all campus buildings and on the campus shuttle for all students, regardless of vaccination status. Read more about this mask policy change.Read “Update from the COVID-19 Committee: New mask requirements for students”
- Aug. 9, 2021 — In order to enact proactive safety measures, effective Wednesday, Aug. 11, all students, employees, and visitors, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear masks when inside campus buildings.Read “Important update: Masks required inside campus buildings”
- July 14, 2021 — President John Swallow sent an email to the Carthage students with an important update on vaccination requirements at Carthage.Read “Keeping our community healthy: Important vaccine update”