- Laboratory Manager, Biology Department and Neuroscience; Senior Lecturer of Biology
Professor Sheryl Konrad earned a B.S. in Biology (Phi Kappa Phi, Beta Beta Beta) from Longwood College in Farmville, Virginia. She spent several years studying the conservation and reproductive physiology of sandhill and whooping cranes and later joined the faculty at Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design where she taught science for four years. Prof. Konrad initially joined Carthage College in 2005 as the laboratory manager, a position she held for five years before leaving to attend the Medical College of Wisconsin.
She earned an M.S. in Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics in 2014 for research into mechanisms of viral immune evasion. Prof. Konrad served as the scientific program manager for the Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer prior to joining the Carthage faculty in 2017. She teaches biology and manages the Biology Department labs. Her academic interests include viral protein characterization, innovative teaching practices, and field ornithology.
- M.S. in Microbiology, Immunology and Molecular Genetics - Medical College of Wisconsin
- B.S. in Biology - Longwood College, Farmville, Virginia
- BIO 1110: Molecules, Cells, and Organisms
- BIO 1120: Organisms, Populations, and Systems