Workday for Parents & Guardians
Family support can make a big impact on a student’s transition to college and ongoing success. Carthage has adopted Workday and Nelnet as modern technology platforms that offer transparency for students and opportunities for families to collaborate with their students on important financial topics.
Workday and Nelnet
Students will be responsible for the following functions in Workday and Nelnet:
- Accepting financial aid, viewing their statement, and paying their bill
- Onboarding — a series of action items students must complete to prepare for the return to school, including legal paperwork, choosing a meal plan, adding emergency contacts, and filling out health forms
- New students will be able to view their classes in Workday after the Office of the Registrar has prepared their schedule. Returning students register for classes directly in Workday
Students are able to authorize parent access in the following ways:
- In Nelnet as an authorized payer — Review statements, select payment plans, and make payments
- In Workday as a third-party user — View access options, including financial aid, class schedule, grades, and unofficial transcripts
View essential Workday guides and a video for students below:
- Finance Guide (New Students)
- Finance Guide (Returning Students)
- Onboarding Guide (New and Returning Students)
- VIDEO: Onboarding (New and Returning Students)
Guides for parent/guardian access will be available soon.
- Authorized Payer in Nelnet (coming soon!)
- Workday Third-Party User (coming soon!)
Note: For both Nelnet and Workday, parents receive their own login credentials.
Preparation for an upcoming school year is not a small task, and we are here to help you along the way. Please contact us if you need assistance.