Contact Admissions

Contact the Office of Admissions.

Find My Rep

Admissions rep Greg Huss meets with a prospective student.

Absolutely. Please visit our Registrar’s Office for instructions on how to obtain your transcript and send it in so that we may give you the credit you deserve.

Certificates are issued by the VA after approving a claim for benefits. To submit a claim for benefits, please visit Initial claims can be filed on a Form 22-1990.

Processing times vary based on VA workload. On average the Department of Veterans Affairs processes a Certificate of Eligibility within 4-6 weeks.

Apply online at

Post- 9/11 GI Bill® is based on your period of service on active duty since September 10, 2001. To review the exact requirements for eligibility, please review the information at

Yes, Carthage is approved for veteran training under Chapter 33.

Yes, Carthage College is proud to partner with the Veterans Administration (VA) for the Yellow Ribbon Program offered to United States Veterans.

Generally, veterans with 36 months of service or more on active duty who qualify for the 100% benefit rate may qualify for the scholarship. To determine eligibility, veterans must apply for Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits with the VA. The VA will issue a Certificate of Eligibility which lists your eligibility for Yellow Ribbon.

The VA makes payment directly to the veteran by (1) direct deposit or (2) mailing a check to the mailing address on file at the VA. To establish or change your direct deposit information, click on the Direct Deposit Enrollment Form link after you have logged into WAVE. Changes and enrollments are usually processed the next business day.

Montgomery GI Bill® (Ch 30 and 1606) and REAP: If you attend school, you must verify your enrollment each month by using the WAVE or IVR system or by calling the toll free 1-877-823-2378. Remember that you cannot be paid for a month until the month is over and you verify that you were still in attendance for that month.

Post-9/11 GI Bill® and Vocational Rehabilitation (Ch 31): The VA will send payment for tuition and fees directly to Carthage. Book stipends (if applicable) will be sent to you near the beginning of the term (or once your enrollment is processed). Any applicable housing allowance will also be sent directly to you at the end of each month for which you have an enrollment.

Dependent and Eligible Spouse: The VA will pay the student directly via check.

According to Carthage’s payment policy, payment is due at the beginning of the term unless you set up a monthly payment plan. However, the Bursar’s office offers veteran students a tuition deferment for eligible charges covered by the Veterans Administration (VA) and invoiced at Carthage. Any additional charges not covered as part of the veteran student’s benefit package are the student’s responsibility and will be considered past due 30 days after the start of the semester unless you enroll in a payment plan.

Veteran students may sign up for a Carthage payment plan or contact the Office of Student Financial Services for information on additional types of aid at 262-551-6002.

This occurs when you drop a class, withdraw from a class, or are dropped from a class by the instructor. Most often, the Carthage Veteran Certifying Official will receive notification, but there are occasions where this does not happen.

It is your responsibility to inform the Carthage Veteran Certifying Official of the change as well as the DVA Regional Office.

Should it become necessary for you to withdrawal from all classes, you must contact the Carthage Veteran Certifying Official before doing so. There are many concerns you should be aware of before withdrawing completely (i.e., repayment). Depending on the circumstances of the withdrawal, the Carthage Veteran Certifying Official may be able to assist you in preventing a repayment.

Please note that failure to report changes constitutes fraud and is the primary cause for the delays in the delivery of your educational checks and occurrences of overpayment.

For information regarding the Department of Defense’s Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts program (MyCAA), visit Military OneSource and log in or register.

Once accepted by MyCAA, call the Office of the Bursar’s at 262-551-6002.