Crowdfund for Carthage
Carthage College’s crowdfunding program is designed to help raise funds for college-related projects. Carthage faculty, registered student groups, and staff are eligible to apply for a crowdfunding campaign.
How it works:
Reach out as soon as you know you want to raise funds for your project using #firebridsgiveback! Planning and executing a campaign takes a minimum of 2 months, so it’s never too early to let us know you’re interested. Just follow these steps:
- Read and review the 2022-23 Carthage Crowdfunding Guidelines.
- Submit a crowdfunding application. Projects should be driven by specific and realistic goals.
- Meet with Heather Zima, associate director of annual giving & donor relations (in-person or by phone), to discuss your project, including all steps, roles, best practices, and a proposed project timeline.
- Gather creative materials and work with the annual giving team to build your project site (see list below).
- Launch project and promote to friends, family, and the community.
- Project wrap-up, send thank you messages, and use funds for your project!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A Project Lead must be appointed for every campaign. Project Leads are the primary individuals responsible for coordinating with the Office of Advancement on all aspects of the campaign.
- Project Leads may also appoint Captains to whom they may delegate the tasks related to creating content/copy, marketing the campaign, and assisting with follow-up messages thanking donors when the campaign is complete.
- Volunteer Ambassadors should also be recruited. These are the people who will use their networks to help promote your cause.
Together, Project Leads and Captains will work to promote their cause in the following ways:
- Provide photo(s) that represent their group or project.
- Write a story sharing the campaign’s goals.
- Prepare personal thank you messages to donors, and submit updates on how the funds will be spent (for example, notifying donors that the group has reached their goal and will now be purchasing new equipment, etc.)