Planning a visit to Carthage? Rest assured you won’t go hungry.
On campus, enjoy bagels, Starbucks, salads, wings, and much more. Off campus, enjoy legendary fare in well-known restaurants in Milwaukee, Kenosha, Racine, and Chicago. This area is known for Chicago-style pizza, Danish kringle, Friday night fish fry, frozen custard, and plenty of other culinary treats.
On-campus dining options
Carthage offers a wide range of dining options on campus, including:
- The Cafeteria, better known as “The Caf” — Todd Wehr Center
- Red Zone (convenience store) — Campbell Student Union
- Starbucks — A.W. Clausen Center for World Business
- Lentz Do Lunch — Lentz Hall
- Pacific Harbor — Campbell Student Union
- Flex Kitchen — Campbell Student Union
- Local Scene — Campbell Student Union
- Re.Fuel — The TARC
Various on-campus dining options are available until midnight, with some options available until 3 a.m. Choices are available for those with dietary restrictions.
Off-campus dining options
Within a short drive from the Carthage campus, hungry visitors can find restaurants of any style to suit their taste buds. Looking for a truly local experience? Check out these hot spots:
- Waterfront Warehouse and La Fogata are close to campus and favorites with faculty, staff, and students.
- Franks Diner in Kenosha was featured on the Food Network show “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.”
- Kewpee Lunch in Racine is a legendary burger joint.
- Tenuta’s Deli in Kenosha is an authentic Italian delicatessen with outdoor seating in warmer months.
For snacks, it’s hard to go wrong with these favorites:
- Mars Cheese Castle along I-94 in Kenosha has a large selection of cheeses.
- O&H Danish Bakery and other Racine bakers offer world-famous kringle.
The area also offers national chains such as Applebee’s, Chili’s, Cold Stone Creamery, Cracker Barrel, Dairy Queen, IHOP, Noodles & Company, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Subway, Texas Roadhouse, and Qdoba Mexican Grill.
- Kenosha Restaurants (List provided by Visit Kenosha)
- Kenosha Restaurants (Yelp list with maps, reviews, and food types)
- Pleasant Prairie Restaurants (List provided by Pleasant Prairie visitors bureau)
- Racine Restaurants (List provided by Racine visitors bureau)
- Racine Restaurants (Yelp list with maps, reviews, and food types)