How much lead time does a project require?
Here are estimated timelines for some of the projects that our office assists with. Please note:
- The timelines below are estimates. We may need more time based on our current project load, or delays in printing and merchandise orders that are beyond our control.
- If your project is beyond our scope of work or capacity, we will direct you to templates and resources that you can use to create your own piece. In this case, you can create your piece on your own timeline.
- Any print and mail requests that must be fulfilled by an outside vendor will need an additional two weeks.
- Advertisement — 3-4 weeks
- Booklet/Event Program — 4-6 weeks
- Brochure — 4-6 weeks
- Custom Letterhead — 2 weeks to design, 4 weeks including printing
- E-Newsletter Inclusion — 3 weeks (Our alumni and parent/family newsletters publish in the first week of each month; deadlines for submissions are typically mid-month. Contact Jackie Kenny at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details)
- Flyers/Posters — 4 weeks
- Invitations — 4 weeks
- Multi-Page Book (12+ pages) — 10 weeks
- Portraits — 2 weeks. We will likely direct you to attend one of our Portrait Days, which are held each semester.
- Postcard — 4 weeks
- Press Release — 3 weeks
- Profiles for Faculty and Staff — 2-3 weeks (including new profiles and updates to existing profiles. Depending on your requested update, it may wait until our twice-yearly web update window.)
- Social Media Promotion — 2 weeks
- Website Created — 3-8 weeks
- Webpage Created — 2-3 weeks
- Website Update — The Carthage web team makes non-critical web updates during “web update windows” held each spring and fall. Depending on your update, it may wait until the next web update window.