Request Marketing & Communications Services
The Office of Marketing and Communications (“Mar-Comm”) must concentrate on projects of considerable significance, where our expertise can make the most meaningful impact. This means we focus our time on projects directly related to recruitment and fundraising, as well as work that impacts the College’s overall brand and reputation.
For projects beyond our direct scope or capacity, we offer resources to support faculty and staff, along with guidance and final approval to ensure successful outcomes.
Please use the information below to understand our services and learn Mar-Comm can support you in your goals.
Paid ad placements in print media, digital media, radio, social media, etc.
Mar-Comm determines and manages the College’s paid media plan including all paid advertisements in print media, digital media, radio, social media, and other channels. We partner with various media outlets and agencies to get the best prices.
Need an advertisement for your program or event?
All paid ads for Carthage programs and events must go through the Mar-Comm Office.
- If you are planning an event or program, and your budget includes paid advertising, submit a project request. Select “Advertisement Request” from the drop-down menu.
- Lead time required: 3-4 weeks before you’d like your ad to begin running, so we can research placements, sign contracts, and design creative.
Are you a Carthage faculty or staff member looking to order business cards, a name plate for your desk/office door, or a Carthage name tag? These services are now provided by the Campus Mailroom. Visit the Campus Services website to get started (scroll down to Campus Mailroom).
T-shirts, tote bags, stickers, pens, and other Carthage-branded swag items
Mar-Comm governs the use of all Carthage College logos and brand elements. All materials that include the Carthage College and/or Carthage Athletics logos must be approved by our office before production. Please contact us before ordering your own materials, to avoid paying for items that don’t meet the College’s brand guidelines and cannot be used.
Need Carthage-branded swag?
- All Carthage-branded merchandise must be approved by the Mar-Comm Office.
- Mar-Comm will provide you with a list of approved vendors and artwork for your selected item(s).
- Click here to begin your Carthage swag order.
- Lead time required: 4-8 weeks; some items may take longer to produce and ship.
Brochures, fliers, postcards, invitations, posters, etc.
Mar-Comm designs and produces high-level materials that support recruitment and fundraising, including brochures, magazines, and other publications; direct-mail pieces such as postcards and invitations; and campus signage and environmental branding elements.
Mar-Comm must focus our design time on projects that directly impact recruitment, enrollment, and fundraising. This means that most of our print projects are for the Office of Admissions, Office of Advancement, and major College initiatives and programs such as new academic programs and major events.
For projects beyond our direct scope and capacity, we offer resources to support faculty and staff in creating your own materials, along with guidance and final approval to ensure successful outcomes.
Need a design or print project?
Is your print project intended for prospective students and families?
- IF YES … Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance. Be sure to include: a description of your project, your intended audience, the number of people you intend to reach, why you feel the printed piece is necessary, and your deadline. We will be in touch with next steps.
- IF NO … Don’t worry! Mar-Comm has tools available for faculty and staff to create their own Carthage-branded print pieces. Read more about these resources.
- Lead time required: As much as possible. Some print pieces may need up to 8 weeks to produce.
Promotion and materials for major Carthage events
Mar-Comm assists with event promotion and support in several ways. For events with a large audience, or for events that are open to the public, we may be able to assist with promotion and support including websites, advertising, news releases, calendar posts in external media, tickets, posters, flyers, invitations, online RSVP forms, event programs, and more. Our office also provides tools that event organizers can use to do their own promotion.
Are you planning a large event for Carthage and need marketing support?
- Please send an email to email@example.com for guidance. Be sure to include: a description of your event, event details (date, time, location), your intended audience (i.e. “regional high school students”, “business leaders in Wisconsin,” etc.), and expected audience size. A member of our team will be in touch to provide guidance for your best next steps.
- Lead time required: As much as possible. Different promotional tactics require different lead times, up to 8 weeks.
Online profile with photo, biography, education, and other facts
Mar-Comm manages all faculty and staff profiles on the Carthage.edu website, with the exception of the online directory, which is managed by Human Resources.
Need a new profile, or an update made to an existing profile?
- Faculty: Request a new faculty profile or an update to an existing profile
- Staff: Request a new profile or update an existing profile
- Lead time required: We do our best to add new faculty and staff profiles to our website within 1-2 weeks. Profile updates may take longer. The Carthage web team makes non-critical web updates during “web update windows” held each spring and fall. Profile updates may need to wait until the next update window.
Logos / Logo Lock-ups / Permission to use a Carthage logo
Mar-Comm governs the use of all Carthage College logos and brand elements. There are rules for using Carthage logos, as well as creating new logos and logo “lock-ups” (a tailored version of a Carthage logo specific to your office or department).
All materials that include the Carthage College and/or Carthage Athletics logos must be approved by our office before production. Please contact us before ordering your own materials, to avoid paying for items that don’t meet the College’s brand guidelines and cannot be used.
Need a Carthage logo or “lockup”?
- Request a logo lockup or permission to use a Carthage logo (Select “Logo Request” from the drop-down menu)
Inquiries from news reporters, other media relations
Mar-Comm coordinates all media relations efforts for Carthage. If you receive an inquiry from a media outlet, please notify the Office of Marketing and Communications. We assist with arranging interviews, drafting media statements, and providing images and/or video. Contact Elizabeth Young or by phone at 262-551-6145. If sending an email to Elizabeth, please put “MEDIA INQUIRY” in the subject line. Thank you!
Articles for the Carthage.edu website, Carthaginian magazine, and other outlets
Mar-Comm’s professional writers and media experts work to tell the Carthage story in print and digital publications. We write articles for the Carthage.edu website, external publications, monthly e-newsletters, the Carthaginian magazine, and more.
Do you have a great story idea?
- Begin by completing our Storytelling Request form. We’ll use the information you provide to determine the best format and placement for your story idea.
Press releases, media invites, media pitches
Mar-Comm coordinates all media relations efforts for Carthage. If you would like us to alert the news media about an upcoming event, guest speaker, or accomplishment (your own or that of a colleague or student), please follow the steps below. News releases are typically reserved for high-priority institutional announcements and major events with College-wide impact. Especially in today’s media environment, a formal news release is needed only in specific instances. We can also direct you to other resources to get the word out.
Planning an event and want to notify the public?
- Post to online event calendars. If your event is open to the public, Mar-Comm can provide links to popular media and other online event calendars where you can post the details for free. The listings often come with word or character limits, but media outlets also monitor their own calendars for events they deem worthy of in-depth coverage. Contact Mike Moore for assistance with a calendar listing.
Sharing news of a student achievement?
- Contact Mar-Comm about Merit hometown news releases. Mar-Comm uses the highly effective Merit Pages tool to reach out to students’ hometown media outlets. By providing us with a timely list or spreadsheet of students who presented at a regional or national conference, won departmental awards, or took part in a Carthage service project, you can spread awareness about the College and its offerings. Students are also awarded online badges. Contact Mike Moore for assistance with a Merit release.
Need a news release or targeted media pitch?
- Submit a project request. Select “Storytelling Request” from the drop-down menu.
- Lead time required: Whenever possible, please submit your request at least 3 weeks in advance of the desired publication date. We strategically schedule releases to maximize their individual reach and avoid pitting one Carthage news item against another.
Professional Portraits, Photo/Video Services
Need a new photo for your Carthage.edu online profile or directory listing?
- Mar-Comm holds several Portrait Days every spring and fall. Watch The Bridge for news of upcoming Portrait Days, and/or submit the Portrait Request form. We’ll add your name to our list and notify you when the next Portrait Day nears.
Have a great photo opportunity or video idea?
- Mar-Comm takes photo and video year-round for use in social media, advertising, admissions, and fundraising campaigns. If you have a great idea for a photo shoot or video, submit a project request. Select “Photo/Video Suggestion” from the drop-down menu.
- Please note: We are not able to take photos/video at every campus event, but must select shoots based on how they connect to our larger strategies.
Posts on Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), and other social channels
Mar-Comm manages all of the main Carthage College social media accounts, and acts as a resource for departments and organizations with their own social media needs.
Need help with a social media platform?
- If you would like some help starting or enhancing a social media platform, contact Olivia Nichter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to request a post on the main Carthage social channels?
- Submit your project request. Select “Social Media Promotion” from the drop-down menu.
News and information for the Carthage community
Mar-Comm manages The Bridge, a communication tool for the Carthage community. All Carthage faculty, staff, and students may use The Bridge to share their news and announce events. The Bridge email newsletter is sent to all faculty, staff, and students every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning. The Bridge homepage, www.carthage.edu/bridge is updated multiple times each day.
Have news to share with the campus community?
- Submit a story at www.carthage.edu/bridge/submit.
- Faculty and staff submissions are published immediately.
- Student-submitted stories are approved by a member of the Marketing & Communications team and then published.
- The Bridge email newsletter is sent to all faculty, staff, and students every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday morning, or on Wednesdays during the summer.
Web pages and websites on Carthage.edu
Mar-Comm oversees the content on the Carthage.edu website, the College’s most important recruitment tool. We work with department chairs, office heads, and content managers across campus to keep recruitment-focused sections of the Carthage website updated, accurate, and engaging. (Please note: The Carthage Athletics website is managed by the Athletics Department. The online directory is managed by Human Resources.)
Do you need assistance with a website update or new web page?
- If you see something on the Carthage.edu website that needs to be updated, please submit a Web Update Request. The Carthage web team makes non-critical web updates during “web update windows” held each spring and fall.
- If you need a new website or web page for your program or office, please submit a Web Build / New Website Request. A member of our web team will get in touch with you.
Would you like your office to have a content manager point person?
Mar-Comm can train one staff member in your office on how to make updates to your office’s website. This way, minor updates can get done quicker. Please note: Website training and permissions will not be granted for making changes to academic program sites; this training is for office websites and special event pages only. To request a training, please contact Jackie Kenny at email@example.com.
For all project requests:
- Before submitting your project request, please review the information above to make sure it’s a project our team will take on. While we’d love to say “yes!” to every project, there are jobs that we cannot tackle due to workload, capacity, and our office’s goals. We will do everything we can to assist you with resources you need!
- Because of the volume of work our office handles, all requests for Marketing & Communications support must be submitted through Workzone, our project management tool. If you send us an email, we will direct you to Workzone. Follow instructions above.