Facilities & Resources
Enrollment in Carthage Engineering has a required computing fee of $250 per semester for eight semesters. This computing fee covers the issuance of a laptop computer to each student with specifications appropriate for use of AutoCAD Inventor (System Requirements). Student-issued computers are the responsibility of students with service contracts managed by Carthage College. Following eight semesters, students may choose to purchase their issued laptop for a nominal fee.
Additionally, students may once choose to opt-out of this computing fee. Choosing to opt-out of the computing fee requires students to obtain and maintain their own laptop computer with specifications appropriate for use of AutoCAD Inventor. Computer recommendations follow:
- Operating system: 64-bit Microsoft® Windows® 11 and Windows 10
- CPU recommended: 3.0 GHz or greater, 4 or more cores
- Minimum: 2.5 GHz or greater
- Memory recommended: 32 GB RAM or more
- Disk space: 40 GB
- Graphics: 4 GB GPU with 106 GB/S Bandwidth and DirectX 11 compliant
- Display resolution recommended: 3840 x 2160 (4K)
Software requirements for engineering classes require students to have a computer capable of running the Microsoft® Windows® operating system.