Every Carthage student is required to submit a senior thesis or capstone project to demonstrate their mastery of their chosen area of study. Here is a look at a few of the recent projects Carthage GIS majors have created for this requirement.
- Boston: A City on the Rise — A History of Land Reclamation in the City of Boston, 1850-1910
- Algal Blooms and Hypoxia in Lake Erie
- Spatiotemporal patterns and trends of the COVID-19 pandemic in the US at the county level
- Location Analytics and Intelligence Using GIS to Restructure Business Interactions
- The Iron Range: A Tale of Two Industries
- Climate Change Threatens Kenyan Tea Plantations
- Riparian Wetland Restoration Suitability Analysis for the Middle Mississippi River Floodplain in Monroe County, Illinois