At A Glance
Through coursework in the sport business minor, Carthage students apply business principles to the context of the sports industry. The profession continues to increase in prominence through the advent of new business opportunities like esports and the growth of traditional sports leagues.
- Sport Business
Build a career in the sports industry
Interact with Industry Leaders
Carthage has access to many unique resources affiliated with sports business, including the Sport Management Advisory Council (SMAC), consisting of members from professional and intercollegiate sports organizations.
Elite guest speakers are also prominent in the sport business program, with past engagements featuring:
- Craig Leipold, SMAC chair and owner and governor of the Minnesota Wild
- Jackie Joyner-Kersee, U.S. Olympic gold medalist
- Donald Driver, former Green Bay Packers wide receiver
- Peter Feigin, president of the Milwaukee Bucks and Fiserv Forum
- Gary Bettman, NHL commissioner
- Raven Jemison, executive vice president of business operations of the Milwaukee Bucks and Fiserv Forum
- Molly Fletcher, motivational speaker and sports agent
Beyond the Classroom
As a sport business student, you’ll have access to a mentorship group of young alumni and The Front Office, an undergraduate student organization.
You can also engage with sports organizations through sport-themed J-Term study tours and other experiential learning opportunities.
Master’s in Sports Management
Eligible students can pursue the 4+1 program, which offers students the chance to earn their minor in sport business with direct admittance into the Master of Science in Business — Sports Management program.