In the News
We’re not the only ones talking about Carthage! Check out some of the latest news reports featuring the College, our students, and alumni — or drawing upon the expertise of our faculty.
- November 25
The Journal TimesChristopher Steenrod ’09 was selected as deputy district attorney for the Racine County District Attorney’s Office.Read “Christopher Steenrod ’09 appointed deputy district attorney”
- November 18
Kenosha NewsDue to scholarship funding from Tom and Jan Duncan, the first cohort of Carthage’s new Certified Nurse Aide program at Carthage will attend classes for free.Read “Donation to pay student costs for new Certified Nurse Aide program at Carthage College”
- Alumni NewsNovember 15
TMJ4 MilwaukeeCarthage graduate Brent Chapman ’01 recently developed an app that enables college athletes to profit from their name, image, and likeness.Read “Carthage grad develops groundbreaking NIL app for college athletes”
- November 12
The Journal TimesAbby Davidson ’25, a member of the Bad River Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Native Americans, writes about her Native American culture.Read “Guest commentary: Encourage learning our culture in Native American Heritage Month”
See below for the latest news releases from the Office of Marketing and Communications at Carthage College.
If you would like to be added to the distribution list for future releases, please contact Mike Moore at email@example.com or 262-551-6021.
- November 20Read “Two distinguished alumni join Carthage Board of Trustees”
Carthage added Brian Peccarelli and Cherie Matthaidess Robinson to its Board of Trustees, benefiting from their years of wisdom in senior corporate leadership.
- October 25
Carthage Business and Professional Coalition seeks participants for sustainable development roundtableThe Business and Professional Coalition invites community members to take part in a luncheon and roundtable discussion on Thursday, Nov. 9.Read “Carthage Business and Professional Coalition seeks participants for sustainable development roundtable”
- October 12Carthage has accepted an in-kind donation of tools and other equipment from Snap-on Inc. for use in the school’s fast-growing engineering program.Read “Carthage engineering welcomes Snap-on tool donation”
- October 5Carthage officially opened its new, first-class varsity softball facility this past weekend, holding a ceremony to dedicate the newly named Wiers Family Stadium and Barbara Madrigrano Field.Read “Carthage Athletics opens first-class softball venue”
- September 26In recognition of its commitment to keep students on track to graduate, Carthage is one of the inaugural recipients of the Leading Colleges Retention Award.Read “Carthage honored for commitment to retention”
- September 20
Business and Professional Coalition welcomes engineer of record-setting mass timber-framed Milwaukee buildingThe Carthage Business and Professional Coalition opens its 2023-24 luncheon series Oct. 5 with a discussion featuring Jordan Komp.Read “Business and Professional Coalition welcomes engineer of record-setting mass timber-framed Milwaukee building”
- September 18Carthage College invites the public to a series of events during its 2023 Homecoming and Family Weekend celebration.Read “Public invited to 2023 Homecoming events at Carthage”