Information for Media
The Office of Marketing and Communications at Carthage College welcomes inquiries from news media.
If you are interested in covering a Carthage College event or news story, interviewing a member of the Carthage community, or capturing imagery or video on campus, please first contact the appropriate staff member:
All Carthage Inquiries:
For Information about Carthage Athletics:
News Media on Campus — Guidelines
Carthage College works collaboratively with media representatives to publicize news and events, to share the achievements of Carthage students and faculty, and to offer expertise on a variety of topics.
All media visits must be arranged through the Office of Marketing and Communications. Please contact Julie Thomas or Elizabeth Young (listed above).
The following guidelines are intended to safeguard the privacy and safety of our campus community and its visitors.
- Media must be invited to campus or gain permission before coming to the Carthage College campus. Notify the Office of Marketing and Communications as soon as possible, preferably a day in advance. If media representatives are on campus without prior approval, the Office of Public Safety may be contacted and media representatives may be asked to leave.
- Media must be escorted on campus by a member of the Office of Marketing and Communications or the Office’s designee.
- Access to residence halls and student housing is strictly prohibited unless advance permission has been granted by the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Entrance to classrooms, gathering spaces, and other facilities must be coordinated in advance by the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- All media representatives should display a press badge or pass issued by their employer.
- All campus visitors including media are expected to comply with Carthage policies while on campus.