Do you have a Maintenance issue?

Carthage Facilities Management provides all maintenance, mail, repair, and custodial services on campus, including carpentry, painting, mechanical, HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, grounds, trash/recycling, event set-up, and much more.

Submit a maintenance request

During Business Hours (7 a.m.-4 p.m., 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. in summer)

Call Facilities Management at 262-551-5752.

Evenings and Weekends

Call the Office of Public Safety at 262-551-5911.

Please submit a maintenance request for issues such as:

  • Broken window shades
  • Broken lock
  • Lost keys
  • Plugged toilets
  • Room temperature issues

Please note: Maintenance staff will always respect student privacy and belongings. Unless it is an emergency, we do not enter residence hall rooms before 9:30 a.m., and staff will always knock loudly and announce themselves before entering a room. Maintenance staff may need to enter a room to fulfill a maintenance request when the student is not present.

If you report a heating issue, please be sure the path to the heater is clear of furniture and personal belongings. Never leave windows open during the winter. If your room is too hot, please submit a maintenance request.

  • Todd Wehr Center Room 117
  • Lentz Hall basement
  • Academic year: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday
  • Summer: 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday

Cory Varner
Physical Plant Superintendent

If you are calling after hours, please leave a detailed message including your name, room number, and phone number.
If it is an emergency after hours, please contact the Office of Public Safety at 262-551-5911.

Custodial services include trash removal and the cleaning of bathroom facilities and common areas only. Students are responsible for maintaining residence hall rooms and private baths. Toilet paper will be centrally located.

All campus buildings are regularly cleaned by the College’s Environmental Services Department.

Student mail and packages are handled through our Post and Print Office. Visit them in the Todd Wehr Center. If you have questions about how to address mail, send mail, and receive letters and packages, call 262-551-5711. Be sure to provide the Post and Print Office with your summer address to forward mail.

Learn more about student mail

Please use Tac or Velcro squares when hanging posters or other lightweight items on the walls.

Each residence hall room on campus is equipped with two containers, one for trash and one for recycling. Larger recycling containers are also available throughout campus buildings.

Please recycle the following items:

  • Paper
  • Cardboard
  • Plastic bottles
  • Glass bottles

When it comes time to move out of your residence hall room at the end of the year, please leave your room in “broom clean” condition. “Broom clean” means that students have removed all objects from their rooms that were not originally there when they first moved in. The room must be cleared of all personal belongings and garbage and cleaned (swept clean at minimum). Do not leave personal items behind in the room. Any items left behind will be disposed of or donated. Vacated rooms that are not left in “broom clean” condition will be assessed on a per-person fee.